How to Apply to Parzival Academy
Application Process & Criteria
Parzival Academy seeks to collaborate with a variety of perspectives, skills, and backgrounds. Diversity, equity and inclusivity are values we hold dearly.
At the same time, applicants must be committed to the process of discovering who they are, connecting to their unique values and purpose, envisioning a future that’s true to themselves, and creating a life that shares their highest potential.
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis, and selected applicants will be invited to an interview based on the resonance of their application and interest in the program.
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent
- Between the ages of 18 and 28
- Access to a Strong Internet Connection
- Reliable Computer for Online Course Access and Work
- Google Drive Account
- Quality Computer Microphone and Camera for Group Participation
Key Qualities We Look For
- Open Mindedness – Willing to See from a New Perspective
- Courage – Willing to Adventure, Explore, Experiment & Take Risks
- Curiosity – Interest in Learning, Others, and the World Around You
- Nobility – Sense of Honor, Integrity, Virtue & Trustworthiness
- Collaboration – Willing to Create/Explore Compassionately with Others
- Vision – Vulnerability to Imagine & Share New Ways of Seeing Things
Each applicant must fill out our detailed admissions application. The elements above should be considered in the application, and answers should help us to have a sense of your sincere interest and commitment in participating in Parzival Academy’s program.
The application asks for a detailed personal statement, as well as 2 references we may contact (or you may contact us to submit letters of reference).
Based on an assessment of your application, you may be contacted to schedule an interview to determine alignment with the program, its values and the commitment required to successfully complete it.
Tuition for the Parzival Academy is $8,500 for the 9 month program, which includes tuition as well as lodging and meals for the orientation and graduation weeks. Additional costs will be incurred for transportation to/from the in-person weeks, as well potentially some supplies or other materials for projects required.
There is a spot on the application to indicate if you’d like to apply for tuition assistance. Parzival is committed to having diversity in all areas of our student body, including economic, and will assess needs on a case by case basis.
Parzival Academy is more than just a gap year program to “do” something. It’s a program for “becoming,” with education and guidance for life. Feel free to reach out to us if you have any questions. We’d love to work with you and look forward to receiving your application!