Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Statement
Inclusion and Diversity
Parzival Academy is committed to creating a school community where all members of our school community are welcomed, accepted and treated equitably and with respect regardless of their backgrounds or personal attributes such as race, language, religious beliefs, gender identity, disability or sexual orientation so that they can participate, achieve and thrive at school.
Parzival Academy acknowledges and celebrates the diversity of backgrounds and experiences in our school community and we will not tolerate behaviors, language or practices that label, stereotype, demean or dehumanize others.
Parzival Academy will:
- ensure that all students and members of our school community are treated with respect and dignity
- ensure that students are not discriminated against and where necessary, are accommodated to participate in education and all school activities on the same basis as their peers
- acknowledge and respond to the diverse needs, identities and strengths of all students
- encourage empathy and fairness towards others
- challenge stereotypes that promote prejudicial and biased behaviors and practices
- contribute to positive learning, engagement and wellbeing outcomes for students.
Bullying, harassment and other forms of inappropriate behavior targeting individuals because of their personal attributes will not be tolerated in our school community. Students who may have experienced or witnessed this type of behavior are encouraged to speak up and to let their instructors, facilitators or mentors know about those behaviors to ensure that inappropriate behavior can be addressed.
Parzival Academy will take appropriate measures to respond to discriminatory behavior or harassment at our school. Students that are involved in bullying or harassing others on the basis of their personal attributes will be supported to understand the impact of their behavior.
Parzival Academy also understands that it has a special obligation to make reasonable adjustments to accommodate students with disabilities. A reasonable adjustment is a measure or action taken to assist all students to participate in their education on the same basis as their peers. Reasonable adjustments will be made for students with disabilities through consultation with the student, their teachers and if appropriate, their treating practitioners.