Home Forums Creative Speech Takeaways Reply To: Creative Speech Takeaways

Maya Kirie
Participant

1. I’ve gained a method to stay calm when speaking or performing in front of others. “The watering of a tree.” I’ve also realized how often when speaking about something I bring the pronunciation of the object/person and the words I’m using to talk about it/them into myself and make them sound personal rather than presenting the speech in a way in which it is not personal. (Detaching the conversation from myself/ making the conversation not about myself)

2. I found myself in an imaginary bliss, which does not occur often, throughout the teaching. I am often too focused on my worries, the future, and the outside world. I was able to imagine in color and see clear images in the room I was in. I am taking the ability to form the sounds and elements of words of objects with regards to objects’ shapes and structures with me. I have never done this in speech or description but I found manipulating sound emphasis to change the feel of words fascinating. (Who knew the word “giraffffffe” could be so interesting and thought provoking to not hear but also see in the mind’s eye.)

3. I am curious to learn more about the ways in which creative speech can be used in regular conversations and to convey points by captivating listeners. Which words should be emphasized? Objects, colors, sounds, smells, tastes, feelings (adjectives) or words in which sensations are revealed in the sound of the way the word is pronounced?  :)

Scroll to Top